Tuesday, May 26, 2009

>.> ..........Vacant Lots >:D


Dear Government:

 

            I am writing you to discuss a vacant lot in my neighborhood.  It has come to my understanding that you are not sure what to do with the vacant lot.  Some people have suggested that the lot be turned into a park.  Others have suggested that the lot be sold to a fast-food restaurant.  I am writing you today to inform you that I believe the vacant lot should be turned into a park.

 

I think that the vacant area should be used as a children’s playground.  Playgrounds good for kids.  They can play around in the park and get good exercise.  There are lots of restaurant’s that are located somewhere in the city.   Yet, there are not many vacant areas in my neighborhood that are suitable for becoming a park.  Thus, I feel it is a good place to build a park for kids to play and have fun.  With so few parks, and so many restaurants, it seems clear to me that the vacant lot should be turned into a park.

 

The second reason I think the vacant lot should be turned into a park is that there are more restaurants than parks in my neighborhood.  I do not think that restaurants should outnumber parks as much as they do.  I have a lot of restaurants in my neighborhood, but, I only have one park.  I do not think that is enough parkland for all the kids that live in Throggs Neck.  Every time a new fast-food restaurant is built, a new park should be built alongside it.  That way, all the children will not have to grow up to be fat.  They can exercise in the park to stay healthy.

 

            After considering what should be done with the vacant lot in Throggs Neck, I have decided that it should be used for a park. First off, all children deserve a safe place to play and exercise.  That, in itself, is reason enough the vacant lot should be a park. Another reason the vacant lot should be a park instead of restaurant is that we already have enough fast food restaurants in the neighborhood. 

No comments: